Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Things are definitely not going my way!

I really shouldn't complain because I really am so very blessed and my problems are really minuscule compared to others. But, it always seems like when it rains, it pours!!! So yes, this is a complaining post, but also informational about what is going on, but you were warned!

so first bad news....is the house. We didn't get this one either. I am super bummed because we thought we were totally in and going to get it and it was a huge house and way cheaper than all the other ones. We were on top for bids, but the bank decided that they are going to not do a short sale anymore and are going to take it all the way to foreclosure. This means the house wont be available at auction until probably 3-4 months or so. It is a really dumb move on the banks part because they could potentially get a lower amount at auction and will have to pay for the house for a few more months and they wont get the commission of selling the house. GRRRRR!!! apparently it wasn't meant to be, because it totally doesn't make sense. So we are on the hunt again. I started looking online at listings today and there are actually a few that didn't look too bad on paper, so we will see what the next few weeks bring, but I am definitely discouraged about the whole process. I never thought it would be this hard!

second bit of bad news....is my job. I still have one, so that part is good, but a few posts back I mentioned that the City decided to give me a lot more responsibility with a different job. When that happened, I was really overwhelmed and didn't think I would be able to do a good job. Over the past month that i have been doing the job, i really enjoyed it. I really liked the people I was working with, and was really started to get a handle on the new responsibilities and was started to make plans and move forward on things. Well, last week the powers that be, decided to change their minds...again! So they pulled a big "just kidding" on me, and moved me again. I basically got moved back to my old position only because of budget cuts and moves, its not the same job. i am going back to being over the Diamondbacks little league field, but I also got 2 more baseball fields added, as well as assisting with 18 soccer fields and overseeing all of Phoenix Special Olympics....so again, they added more responsibility for the same amount of pay. i really don't mind the responsibility part, because at least its all things i know i can do, but the bad part is they changed my schedule to 10-7 Tues-Fri and 7-4 on Saturdays....yep i have to work every Saturday now! So basically I wont get to see anyone because of this junky schedule, including my husband! and its back out in way north phoenix, so there goes our saving account with the way gas prices are! So needless to say, I am job searching again. I thought that i had just gotten a job and was hoping to stay put for a bit, but maybe this will bring new blessings (and a shorter commute!) I have an interview next week, so we will see, but not getting the house might mean I have to suffer and wait it out a bit so that I dont mess up our chances of getting a loan...We'll see.

The 3rd bad news...is my car. Whenever I try to be good and not go shopping to save money, it always seems like something else takes the money anyways. My car is having major issues. In the last 2 months we have spent almost 2000$ on my car, and it is still having bad issues. I love my little car, but I have wanted a new one for a long time and if it keeps up at this rate, i will be putting in more than it is worth! It just needs to start working and stop causing so many problems! It goes back into the shop tomorrow for more work :(

The 4th bad news....is me. For a while now we have been trying to figure out why my body is so messed up. With the surgeries and medicines that have been done recently, my body shouldn't be having the issues that I am having. it just doesn't make any sense. So we have been doing some testing to try to figure things out. One of these tests is a glucose/insulin tolerance test. It is a 3 hour blood test where they take your blood like every half hour (and you cant eat the whole time). I almost passed out after the test was finished! It was no good at all....but the results came back and they determined that I am hypoglycemic. Which means that my blood sugar levels get too low. I looked it up on WebMD and it was kinda scary. Basically, at the extreme level (which i dont think is me) it can get bad enough to cause seizures, loss of consciousness and even brain damage! Pretty sure with me, its just been causing headaches and nausea. So i have been trying to eat better (definitely no more soda, not even just no more Dr. Pepper), and trying to keep a log of my diet to figure out symptoms and warning signs of getting too low. So if you see me always eating now...its because I am supposed to eat at least 6 small meals a day and if I get any symptoms, snack more than that! I usually barely have time to get in 3 meals a day, let alone 6. But if it is the answer to my problems, its worth it i guess. I think this is part of what we were looking for, but Im not quite sure. I have an appointment next week to talk to the doctor about the results.

So needless to say I haven't had a good two weeks. Pretty much every aspect of my life is not going so well....except my husband, although he is broken, but still good :P He is wonderful and I am so grateful to have him, otherwise, everything else is not going my way! Sorry to complain!

10 comments:

Beth said...

Sorry about all of your bad luck. I really wanted you to get a house! Good luck in your house hunt.

Clint and Jeni Hatch said...

Oh Stef thats really crappy I'm sorry! The good news is it only gets better from here right! Well let us know if we can do ANYTHING at all for you guys.

Stacia said...

Girly hang in there! Things will only get better. I hope you don't mind that I made a post. I'm so glad that I found your blog.

Stacia Flake

Stefani said...

Stacia, If you read this, I am super glad you posted on my blog, but i want to find you, so you need to leave a link or email address or something. Do you have a blog too??

Carl and Amber said...

When I am pregnant I have to eat that many times a day, and it is so tiring to remember to eat that much! I hope it all works out for you.

Shelly said...

You have every right to complain. Wow. I am so sorry!

I am going to be in AZ a week from now. You want to get together maybe? I will be there from Sunday-Wednesday. Maybe on Monday...since your stinky job gives you that day off instead of Saturday.

CDR said...

I am sorry. That sounds like a lot to deal with. You are such a postive person I am sure you will pull through stronger then ever!
Chari

Stacia said...

Good thing I checked back to get your address. Contact info. would be helpful! My blog is ourflakefamily.blogspot.com

Candace said...

So sorry about all the pain and suffering!! I really hope it all works out like you'd like it to. Things have a way of working themselves out for the best. Let us know if you need anything!! Love ya!

Gardners said...

Hey tough chic - thanks for posting on my blog so I could find you! It sounds like a ton of weight just got put on your shoulders!! I hope things begin to get better soon! In the long run, hypoglycemic is better than hyper - so, maybe that's good news?? :) I'm sure you'll do great!