Monday, May 12, 2008

Been Busy

This past weekend has been a very full one- so much fun but very full!
Saturday:
Eldon and I were split up trying to cover all the fun events. Eldon was celebrating Autumn Hardy's 1st Birthday (Drew and Aprils baby girl). We absolutely cant believe she is already 1! This past year really has flown by.

I was hosting a baby shower for my best Erin. She had a baby girl in February, but they didnt want to know the sex of baby until she was born and she arrived almost 2 months early so we waited for the shower until Abby was strong enough to be around people. It was alot of fun and it is always a perk to have the baby there to coo over.
Saturday night was spent helping out my sister in law Shireen by making a retirement gift for her friend. It is a fellow teacher of Shireens and the other teachers got together and made up a cute limerick to go on the sign
Eldon spent Saturday night registering for summer and fall classes! YEAH! his favorite thing. not so much, but he discovered that he only has 1 more semester or so until he will have his Associates degree in Business. We were very excited at that discovery! Good work honey!

Sunday:
Sunday morning started out with us attending my parents ward. It was nice to be able to say "Happy Mother's Day" first thing, but that wasnt why we went. Eldon's brother Hollis and his family are also in my parents ward. Our nephew Brady just turned 12 last week and was being ordained to a deacon. Eldon's parents came down from Snowflake to be there as well. So we were able to see both Moms at the same time and support Brady. Eldon was also able to participate in the ordination which is always a neat experience.

Next was on to another ward building. My best friend Erin (whom the baby shower was for the day before) had her little girl blessed. It was a very sweet blessing, especially since it was Mother's day! It also gave me the chance to see some other friends that I hadnt see for a while. After the blessing was pictures and an open house.

Following the open house, it was on to my parents house for Mother's Day dinner. It is always nice to spend time with family and eat yummy food that i didnt have to cook (my job was dessert). We also got to chat with my little brother in Honduras. I can't believe he has been gone this long, but this was his last phone call before he comes home. He should be back either August or September depending on if they release him early to start school, or if he finished his 24 months. He is doing awesome and really didnt sound homesick at all until we started to have to get off the phone and he wasnt quite ready to go. It was a pretty interesting phone call....if you know my little brother at all, you would know that he is like super obsessed with video games. He almost didnt graduate from high school on time because he spent too much time playing video games and not enough time doing homework. My older brother and Eldon were teasing my little brother about the new video games out and this is my little bro's reply "im sorry guys, but video games are just not a priority for me anymore, i am not just going to come home and sit around and waste time playing all the time". I think he shocked Eldon and my brother pretty good. Honestly, he shocked me too. Well see how long that attitude holds up, but for his sake, i hope for a while.

No comments: