Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The best part

I assume it is just because I am getting older. But my favorite part of Christmas for the last few years has been the anticipation of giving my gifts. That is still very fun for me, but this year for some reason, the best part of Christmas was just to see peoples reactions to gifts, even if I wasnt the giver. yes it is great to get a good reaction to the gifts I put thought and effort into, but the reactions this year, just really made it feel more Christmasy. If thats a word :)


My niece Jade had the best reaction to her first present. Literally this 3 year old screams out infront of everyone "Christmas Jammas, this is just what I always wanted". I thought that was awesome, i laughed for about 5 minutes. What 3 year old wants clothes, but she was so excited not only for hers, but then her sisters, and then Derricks jammas as well.

We got up really early Christmas morning to watch some of the nieces and nephews open gifts before the whole family showed up for the Larson Christmas Presents. not kidding look at this tree full!

so we went over to watch Chandler and Jessica open their presents at 5:15am! Chandler loved his gifts and was very excited but he couldnt top his sister's reactions to almost every present....she had the highest pitch squeal I have ever heard. and not kidding, with each gift, the squeal got higher....even when it didnt seem possible!


But i have to say that my favorite reaction was to a gift I had given. I made a collage of pictures of the Larson family for my mother in law. I hoped she would like it, but I never expected the reaction I got. Both she and RH were speechless until they started to tear up. That really meant alot and almost made me tear up watching them. And i have to add that both Derrick and Nolan, two big tough Larson brothers teared up as well :) that was definitely not expected. It just shows how much they all love this family and so do I.

It was a great Christmas!

No comments: