Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy News for the New Year

Nope....not what you think that title is for :) The happy news is that I got a new job!!! Yeah for no more Bingo with my Seniors! Not that my job wasnt great, but definitely not where I wanted to be or who I wanted to be working with. I enjoy working with kids or the developmentally disabled populations much more than senior citizens. So, I am going to be a Recreation Coordinator II for the City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation. The city and the Diamondbacks just built a brand new adaptive little league baseball park. It is actually really nice and pretty much, the only one like it in the Nation....and they are going to trust me to run it! Ha! just kidding, I am can do it! I am really excited. It is a step up on the career ladder and some extra money in the bank, and back where I would like to be. The only down side is that my commute is increasing by about 15 minutes, but i think its worth it! I start on the 14th of January! Wahoo!

Eldon recently got a new job as well. He is working for 5 Star Window Care. (thanks Dusty for the awesome hook up by the way). Eldon is learning the biz of window washing and will become a manager have his own truck and crew within a few months. So if you know anyone in the East Valley that needs their windows cleaned ;) wink wink.
Oh and the best part about these new jobs is that as long as the real estate market doesnt freak out again, we will be able to get into a house as soon as our lease is up this may, so be looking for blogs on housing choices and you can help me pick a house just like on the tv show house hunters :)

No comments: