Friday, January 4, 2008

Surgery!?!


So I was so scared for my surgery yesterday! I was really more scared for after the surgery to be honest. I had a similar procedure about 4 years ago and ended up having a terrible reaction to the anesthesia and couldnt even keep water down for more than 2 days. It made everything terrible!!!! I so wasnt looking forward to that again! But everything went really great! Last time there were major complications and the surgery doubled the time it was supposed to take. This time the surgery was supposed to take about 2 hours....they were done right around 1 hour and they did more than double the stuff. The nurse said there were going to be alot of people in there doing alot of things...so maybe that is why it went faster. But so far....knock on wood....no nausea!! Hallelujah! I am really not sore at all....I havent even taken any pain medicine and its been more than 24 hours. Actually the sorest part is my shoulder from not being able to sleep on my tummy like usual :) It is tender, but the pain is totally less than the cramps I was having the last few months, so I can so handle this! I just have to say that I am soooo thankful for my husband! He is amazing! Not only did he give me a wonderful blessing that helped me to be calm and to not throw up, but he has been so attentive and just been really helpful! I love you Eldon! And thank you to everyone for your concern and calls and prayers. I know it helped! PS ignore the no make up in the pics, but the first one is the before I headed into surgery and the second one is a picture of my fat swollen tummy. They made several incisions, but this is the one i can show.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hope you are recovering well adn feeling okay.