Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day 2012

This Mothers Day is one in which I have much to be thankful for!  Mothers day has generally been an incredibly difficult day for me.  Either I was wishing I could have children without the ability to get pregnant or mourning the loss of our boys and other miscarriages.  This year, I have the sweetest little thing on the planet who I get to be the Mommy too!  What more could I ask for?!!?  And on top of that, We are expecting another little baby!  Blessings are abounding!  This day is a great day, and I am so thankful to be able to feel that way.  Because Mother's day falls on Sunday and our church is early, Eldon began celebrating me on Saturday when we had time to relax and enjoy.  Eldon made me a yummy breakfast of French Toast (one of my favorites).  We then got to have fun with this cute smiley guy doing his photo shoot for birth mothers day.   Most of the rest of the day was spent cuddling and just hanging out with each other, until we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner with Eldon's family to celebrate his big brother's birthday.  Laughs and jokes all around!
  On Sunday, Eldon spoke in church.  He did an amazing job (had me either laughing or crying the entire time!)  He was so very sweet and thoughtful to me and to our mothers in his talk.  He also had a special section dedicated to Xanders birth mother, which was so important and special to me!  We also got to see both our moms and spend time with each of them.  We also had the wonderful opportunity to skype with our nephew who is on his mission.  That was a nice treat!  After that, we went and spent some time at the cemetery and brought new flowers for the twins grave site.  This was Xanders first visits to his big brothers grave site.  It was a very peaceful feeling to have Xander there with me and it made it much more barable to be there. We finished out the day with dinner at my parents house.     

It was a beautiful day and I am so very grateful for the difference this year and for the joy that it brought.  I am so grateful to be a mother!  I couldnt ask for a better job title!  It means the world to me!  I am also so grateful to my mother and to Eldon's mother.  We love our families and definitely would be missing out on so much without them.  Happy Mother's Day all!

No comments: