Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tarzan? Really??

My family has this very strange little inside joke/tradition. My grandfather does it, my uncles do it, my dad does it the most, and even my brothers have started it. Well now....Eldon will be able to join in as well. Its one of those stories that you tell little kids while they are innocent, trusting and naive, and they eat up every word. K, so here is the joke/tradition. For pretty much every big scar they each have, they have a story of how they got it. Only, its not the real story....its better. My family lived in the jungle with Tarzan! They each spent time with Tarzan and his ape friends, and swung from trees and fought leopards and snakes, etc. All of their scars are from when they were in the jungle with Tarzan and they different battles. Its actually pretty funny, and also explains how they know how tie knots, and make tree forts, etc. Both my brothers served their missions in South American (my older brother went to Brazil, and my younger brother is currently in Honduras). They think they have more claim than anyone to this story because they have actually lived in the jungle.....just not with Tarzan, but they do have pics of them in the jungle to make it more believable.

So, how does Eldon fit in??? Well, this past week, Eldon had his first follow up appointment following his surgery. We didnt know how they did the surgery or what is hand actually looked like, etc. Well they took the cast off, and he has huge cuts that someday will make quite a nice scar i'm sure, and now he can join in the fun and create his own Tarzan story of how he got the scar. maybe he fell out of a tree instead of off a ladder. :P Anyways.....can you believe the cuts!! They pretty much cut him in half to do the surgery!

No comments: