Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cars, Cars and Shop til you drop!




The reason the whole gang came into town was for the Winter Nationals Drag Racing event. The boys (Eldon, Brett, and Mack) including Derrick and Beau all went out to check out the cars! Boys are so funny! They come home saying how amazing it was, then....they say something like this "you would have hated it! We were so close you could smell the special gasoline and the burning tires. It was like being sprayed in the face with pepper spray. And we had to wipe the burnt tire off our faces". Sounds like fun! Well for them anyways, they loved it and already started planning next year. Meanwhile, I am so grateful for a sister in law like Angela who like me, would much rather go shopping then wipe the burnt tire off her face. So after I finished working in the morning, we went and checked out the new mall off the South 202. For those of you who havent been there.....you definitely need to go! I didnt think i would be too impressed other than it being new, but i generally prefer indoor malls to outdoor malls in Arizona. Well, we will see how I feel in July, but this weekend, the weather was perfect to be outside and this mall is awesome! It is like a cute little downtown shopping district. Its not a strip mall, its a whole little town with different streets full of shops. We stayed there all afternoon. I was very good, but not great. I broke down and bought a new shirt and some super cute new shoes. I found this amazing watch at Buckle, but i resisted. I might have to go back and get it, because i absolutely loved it, but for now, ill be strong. After the mall we hit Target. I think we almost spent as much time at Target. ha ha, just kidding but I do love all the things in Target. Say what you want about the companies morals. I dont like their return policies but i love their products! Anyways, Angela and I topped off a wonderful shopping day with Gecko Grill, so you know i was in heaven! We had a ton of fun, so much so that i honestly could barely move on Sunday. My back was killing me! So we definitely shopped til we dropped. It was actually pretty funny on Sunday. Eldon got a terrible sun burn (on his face). You can completely see the outline of his sunglasses. It is so funny (except that he burned his face really bad) but he wouldnt let me take any pictures like I wanted. So here is Eldon with raccoon face and me who can barely move. You know we had fun when we end up like this! haha! Thanks for the fun guys! It was a blast and we definitely have to do it more often!!!

4 comments:

Brittney said...

Well bummer we couldnt come! haha jk. I am glad you had fun. But are you guys avoiding us or something? We havent talked in a LONG time! Whats up! Just know that we do nothing:)

Bekah: said...

how fun. all those larson boys and their love of cars... so funny. their dad was the first person who let me/taught me how to drive a semi- it was pretty sweet!! but i dont think eldon ever let me drive his truck, haha!they have an awesome family! and im happy you have sisters-in-law to play with!!!

Shelly said...

An new mall in AZ? I so need to make a trip :)

The Hoopers said...

Nothin' like shopping!! How fun. I'm sure the cars were fun too! I LOVE Mack's belly pic. We are going to have to measure to see who's bigger.