Saturday, February 2, 2008

Our Beloved Prophet: President Hinckley


Prophetic Passing

I imagine he's running to Marjorie now,
Yes, running, not waving his cane.
I see him embracing his father and mother
While they keep repeating his name.
I see him now meeting his forebears,
Brother Brigham and Joseph are there.
Sweet reunion of prophets,
united by service
That only such noble men share.
I see him embraced by the Savior
While Father says, "Good and well done.
So faithful in stalwart endurance, I welcome
My noble, most excellent son.
"I then hear the ripples of laughter
As he says the reception's just fine,
But he hopes that he'll get an assignment or two
Since there's no need to waste any time.
I can hear his clear voice in the stillness
At the close of this sweet Sabbath day,
Have faith and move forward
there's work to be done.
President Hinckley would want it that way.
Anna M. MolgardJanuary 27, 2008
Our cute little prophet is gone! It is so crazy to think that we wont here him speak and see him wave his cane at this upcoming conference. President Hinckley was the Prophet for most of my life, and is really the only one I can remember. He was so fun to watch. I had the wonderful opprotunity while attending BYU to attend at least one session of conference every time. When the cameras are off, (and even when they are on), he just shines with personality and warmth. He was always entertaining but still would give me goose bumps by the spirit that surrounded him. I will miss him very much, but I am so excited for him to be reunited with his beloved wife and I have always love President Monson. He is amazing as well and you just feel the love that he has for the members of the church! The Church is True and there is no doubt that these men and all before them were called of God!

No comments: