Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My latest projects

Since Eldon has been enjoying Halo 3 so much, I have had a little bit more time to spend on some of my favorite activities like scrapbooking and crafting and all of that fun stuff. I wanted to share some of my latest projects.


First, these wedding blocks are all thanks to my friend Becca! I'm not sure if she came up with the idea herself or borrowed it from someone else, but she helped me make mine and I love them! I am actually quite proud of myself and these wedding blocks! I love scrapbooking, but I haven't really ventured onto wood too much yet....although it is coming soon also thanks to Becca's influence. Its all just too cute and so much fun to be able to decorate your house using things that are meaningful to you. So these blocks are 4x4 inch blocks with our wedding photos and cute sayings on them. I am definitely going to have to make more!

The next project came from my sister. She and I were talking about the importance of Family Home Evening, but how hard it is sometimes to have everything together and coordinated and meaningful instead of just getting the family together for the favorite TV show on Monday night (a personal favorite past time of mine :P ) She said that she wished she had done more before she had kids when she had more time and a little less help, so I took the idea and have started to gather information and FHE lesson plans and activities from different websites. Maybe by the time we have kids old enough to really do productive FHE, I will have a bunch of these kits all put together and ready to go. I made a list of all my favorite websites for the FHE ideas and for the scrapbooking stuff to share. Let me know if you have any great sites or ideas to add to my project list!

7 comments:

Brittney said...

Those are awesome and I want to do them!!! I am so not a creative person though. But definately do as much as you can before you have kids. You really wont have time when you have em:)

The Allen's said...

Stefanie, those are super cute. what a skill. Mercy mine would definitely not look like that. congrats on being talented.

Shelly said...

Those are way cute!! Did you just spray paint them first and the glue on the stuff? Or is it decopage?

Also, I see you have Mormonchic as a link. Are you ever on the message board?

Bekah: said...

those are sooo cute! i wish we lived close and we could get together and scrapbook/craft! i LOVE LOVE doing stuff like this... sooo cute!!!

AJ said...

So cute!! I've seen these before, I totally want to learn to do them. I love crafting :)

jack+alli said...

okay, really random, but i was just clicking away, and ran into your blog. (it actually only took 2 clicks)crazy! anyways, i am becca's cousin, allison. my husband and i hung out with you two and becca and bobby new years eve before she had jarrin...that was probably the last time we saw you guys. wait, actually i think there was a dbacks game in there. anyways, just wanted to say hi!

CASSIE said...

OKAY--YOU TOTALLY HAVE TO TEACH ME HOW TO DO THOSE BLOCKS...SO CUTE! I DON'T HAVE A CRAFTY BONE IN MY BODY...SO I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!!