Friday, June 13, 2008

In the Wild


So, not sure how many of you know where I work, but I run a sports complex in North East Phoenix. It is a pretty big sports complex. We currently have 10 soccer field and 4 baseball fields and are building 8 more soccer fields. The land that the property sits on was given to the City from Federal Land (or something like that). Because of this partnership, We have the desert all around us to protect some natural land and natural wildlife. The other day I was chatting with my boss about something and she stopped right in the middle of her sentence and said "what the heck". I figured that someone was doing something weird on the fields because that happens a lot. People think we are a public park and so we get some interesting activities out there...but that was not the case. Its really hard to see in the picture( its the little brown dot in the middle of the fields), but a Coyote was taking a leisurely stroll across the soccer fields. It was crazy. I couldn't get my camera to zoom in any more and i definitely was not going any closer! I just thought it was interesting, but I guess just another day at the office in the wild!

No comments: