Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Our Story

I realized that many of you might not know the whole story of how Eldon and I got together. It is actually a pretty interesting story with a big twist at the end...so read the whole thing!

ok, so Eldon and I actually met on an LDS dating website called LDSmingle.com. It is operated by Deseret Book which is how i came upon it. My good friend and coworker at the time, Shelly, had met her husband online and dared me to try it after I had been complaining about the dating scene. I gave it a shot but sort of as a joke. I didnt expect anything from it, but thought it might be interesting, so for a little fun, I posted this picture of myself from the previous Halloween.






Eldon had been on the website for a short time but hadnt really found anything much of interest. The computer matched Eldon and I as potential matches for each other with a rating of something like 96% compatible. Apparently my picture caught his eye, and his hottie picture definitely caught mine! I thought he was hot and his profile made him sound pretty normal and he was from Arizona! So we chatted for several weeks online and then he popped the question...if I wanted to meet in person. I was really nervous to meet him just because you never know with the Internet, so Eldon was set up to help put Christmas lights up at the Mesa Temple and asked me to come and help. I figured the temple was probably the safest spot for us to meet, so I went. We ended up talking for hours around the temple and he asked me out for the next night. We went out again and then the next night after that and have been together ever since. It really didnt take much time at all for us to know it was right and so in January, Eldon popped the real question and asked me to marry him.






We were married in the Mesa, Arizona Temple on August 12, 2006 and have lived happily ever after.



We went on our honeymoon to beautiful San Diego and to Sea World (my first time ever).




We now live in Mesa not too far from where I grew up and not too long of a drive from Snowflake (Eldon's hometown).



Ok...so here is the twist....while Eldon and I were looking for pictures for our wedding video, we came across some pictures from Eldons airport departure for his mission. As we started looking through the pictures we came across some faces that i recognized. Eldon said the girl in the picture was just some random girl at the airport, well it turns out that i was at the airport with that random girl and remembered her getting in the background of other missionary pictures. We started looking through more pictures and found ME sitting in the background of Eldon's family pictures....SMALL WORLD. I happened to be at the airport to see off a friend (that i had only met 2 weeks earlier) for his mission and got to see my future husband off for his mission. That day, there were about 30 missionaries leaving from the gate to Salt Lake, and I remembered thinking that only one of the missionaries were cute....well Eldon had pictures of the whole group and he was the only good looking one, so i checked out my husband about 4 years before i re-met and married him :) I think that it was definitely meant to be and I am so grateful for such an amazing husband and the life that we have together.

4 comments:

CASSIE said...

YOUR RIGHT...I HAD NEVER HEARD YOUR GUYS' STORY BEFORE..HOW NEAT! IT WAS MEANT TO BE! HOW ARE YOU GUYS DOING ANYWAY? WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?

Shelly said...

Thats a great story...this Shelly girl seems like a pretty awesome friend. You should like, buy her a present or something ;)

Brittney said...

Oh my gosh that is an awesome story! Dont you love how things work out for the best?!!! This is Dusty's wife Brittney by the way. Sounds like you guys are doing great. We should get together again its been a while.

Bekah: said...

hey guys! thanks for sharing that story. what i remember from you meeting is i used to chat a lot at work during the day with eldon while he was also with work (msn) and then all of the sudden he was never on ... hahaha, then he told me he had met you and he was so excited! you guys make a great couple!!!