Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Already a little Joker

We had a little bit of a scare this past week, and learned that we already have a little joker in the making.  Our beautiful birth mother had her routine appointment this past week.  She wasn't getting an ultrasound or anything, just a typical monthly visit with a heartbeat check.  Unfortunately, the doctor wasnt able to find a heartbeat!  If you know me at all, you know that I was dying for the 20 minutes or so while Carolyn was waiting for an ultrasound to see what the little one was doing.  Eldon tried to keep me sane while I prayed that my text message notification would sound letting me know what was happening. Fortunately, everything was just fine with the baby!  Heartbeat was 164! Not sure why the machine didnt register the heartbeat, but we are so very grateful everything is okay.  And, for all the trouble, we got a new little picture!  Our birth mom added the comment from Baby and said the picture looks like he/she is rolling around laughing.  Very funny Baby X, but lets save the jokes tell you are here in person!

3 comments:

Cormorant said...

That would have freaked me out also.

Becky said...

If the placenta is anterior, it can be impossible to hear anything but swishing for most of a pregnancy. That would be SUPER scary! Glad it turned out OK in the end. :)

August and Melissa said...

that happened to me this time too! Pretty scary-I'm glad they can confirm on the ultrasounds that our little ones are doing just fine!