Monday, April 27, 2009

bye bye blue racer

A bit to Eldon's dismay (not really), we said farewell to the blue racer. It was time. She had served us well and lived to see over 140,000 miles and was still running like a champ, but it was not to be. Eldon kissed her good bye and I said HELLO beautiful to my new X-Terra!!!!!!! I have been wanting an x-terra since high school basically and the chance came to trade in the altima and get a gently used 2007 x-terra with only 25,000 miles on it for basically the same monthly payment. We jumped at the chance and I couldn't be happier. It is beautiful black, has all the upgrades that i would want (especially the mirror with the compass....if you know me at all, you will know why :P) and it is my dream car! How many people can say that they have their dream car?!? Not many....but most people don't dream about an affordable family SUV. I am just so excited for all the benefits of having a big car again (not like the tracker was very big, but it felt like it.) And now we have room in the car for a baby seat.....all we need is the baby! that will be next step hopefully. I just love it! Thanks Eldon for letting me have it! I love you!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

lol i have the same car. only my xterra is 05, but it's black also. and it is my dream car too. Pretty funny. hope you enjoy it!

Jessica said...

I love it...and is jealous, Nissan is a great make! I miss my sentra, but after three accidents it was time to get a family car! Only one accident was my fault! Well I hope all is well and I will talk to you later!

Rushele said...

Very nice!! Congrats on the new beauty!

August and Melissa said...

love it= i want a suv too!

Jenny said...

Very nice, now you just need to take me for a ride in it. It's always fun to get a new car. We're starting to look around at cars too trying to get an idea as to what we might replace the Malibu with when Nate gets done with school next year, assuming to lasts that long. It's over 140k miles too.

The Hoopers said...

I'm so mad I forgot to get INSIDE the car when I saw it. Loved the outside though. We need to plan a date night now...

April Hardy said...

Nice! I have my dream car too! I love getting new cars... Eldon is so good to you. ;) Congrats on the new car.

Nathan, Bethany, Noah, and Porter said...

Congratulations on the new car! I stumbled across your blog, I hope you don't mind. I'm glad to see you're doing well.
-Bethany