Friday, January 18, 2008

Back to real life

The beginning of 2008 was pretty lazy for both Eldon and I. With my surgery, leaving my job (using much needed vacation time for a quick break) and lots of rainy days for no window washing.....We did really work a whole lot:) but unfortunately....it was too good to last, so today was back to work and the start of a new semester of school for Eldon and the start of a new job for me. Eldon is going to school at Chandler Gilbert Community College just working on getting generals out of the way and finding the direction he really wants to take for a career. This semester he added a business class. We will see if this helps his find what he is looking for or just fulfills a requirement. My new job is working for the City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department. The city and the Arizona Diamondbacks just partnered to build the one and only fully wheelchair accessible little league baseball park in the nation....and they picked me to run the facility! AHHHHHHHHHHHH! just kidding. So far everything is going really good...its pretty slow (which is normal first week on the job stuff) but i think it will be really cool to help start this program and provide new services for kids who have always been left on the sidelines. That's why I got into this field in the first place! I am glad for a new start, a new semester and a new year, but i was really enjoying the vacation!

No comments: